We are not here to break you of the cell phone habit! We are here to help all of us communicate like human beings again!
With the proliferation of electronic devices and the increased use of texting, tweeting, and other virtual forms of communication, we are losing sight of what it means to have a face-to-face conversation. Many of us are actually unable to have a real conversation without emojis!
We are also losing the ability to write. Communicating in 280 characters has reduced our language to whatever will fit. When we post on social media or even when we send a text or email, it is very easy to forget that there is an actual human being on the receiving end of the message.
In this workshop, we’ll work on real-life exercises that remind you how to communicate with the humans you are connected to in your business!
Topics for discussion and activities:
- Costs of communication problems – did you know?
- What are some of the communication challenges in your workplace? Do you feel that meetings are a waste of time? Is everyone buried in their cell phones during meetings?
- Misinterpreted emails – what causes them and how to fix it.
- What are your strong points and weaknesses regarding communication with real humans?
- Interactive practice – face-to-face conversation.
- Interactive practice – listening.
- Interactive practice – writing.
- Customer and team communication – remembering the human on the receiving end.