Pat Fontana works with people from all backgrounds and at all levels, to improve their communication skills so they can succeed in the workplace.
Pat focuses on the need to bring the human connection back to the workplace. Technology has given us amazing tools that definitely have their place; however, we need to:
- Know when and how to have real conversations with real people
- Know how to write so that others can understand
- Remember that there are actual human beings on the other end of all of our communication efforts.
Another specialty area for Pat is generational communications. She has researched, written, and taught about the subject extensively. There are now five generations in the workplace and that can certainly cause some communication challenges!
Pat is a skilled trainer with expertise and success in the crucial areas of learning and development:
- Working with all stakeholders to assess needs
- Developing relevant curriculum to address those needs
- Preparing courses, ranging from brief seminars to multi-week classes
- Delivering interactive, engaging programs to audiences of all sizes
- Evaluating the effectiveness of each workshop, with the goal of continuous improvement
- Ensuring training topics have practical application in the workplace.
She is also a talented writer with the proven ability to research, write, and edit:
- Blog posts
- Business proposals
- In-depth reports
- Instructional materials
- Web content
Pat’s education includes:
- MA, English with a concentration in Technical & Professional Communications, East Carolina University
- BA, English with a focus on writing, Centre College of Kentucky
- Courses in crisis management and corporate communications, NC State University
- Courses in non-fiction writing, Old Dominion University
Call Pat at 919-306-4242 or email her at email@example.com to learn more about how she can help you and your organization!