Writer / Editor, specializing in creating B2B and B2C content for healthcare, education, and business projects. Extensive experience researching and producing content for articles, blog posts, newsletters, websites, proposals, grants, and other written pieces designed to inform, persuade, and engage the target reader.
Research, including interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs)
Writing to reflect client’s voice, at an appropriate level for target audience
Editing and proofreading to ensure quality work
Deadline and detail focused
Writer / Editor
Portfolio of client work available at https://words-working.net/pkfportfolio/
Published articles available at https://words-working.net/published-words/
Content for healthcare clients (writing and editing):
• Blog posts and e-books for electronic health record (EHR) developer.
• Web content, internal newsletters, and blog posts for a women’s healthcare group and its medical affiliates
• Blog posts for addiction treatment / mental health treatment professionals
Projects for business clients (writing and editing):
• Website content for web developer’s clients
• Blog posts for local real estate firm.
• Blog posts for social media firm’s clients, including a dental practice, pet food store, and a restaurant
• Social media posts and blogs posts for produce marketing firm clients
• Technical reports for state independent reviewers (editing)
Articles for publications (research and writing):
• Interview-based articles focused on secondary education topics for Vanguard magazine (School Administrators Association of New York).
• Local business and feature articles for Topsail Magazine, Wilmington Today, and Brunswick New Homes and Real Estate.
Contract and grant proposals for businesses and non-profits (research and writing):
• Contract proposals for billboard advertising firm
• Grant proposals, web content, blog posts, newsletters for a non-profit food pantry
“Working with Pat has been an absolute pleasure. I barely have to edit her writing because her attention to detail is flawless.” —EHR developer
“Can’t thank you enough … You have been a tremendous help … and am sure will be calling on you again.” —Independent reviewer, state compliance
“From approach to finished written copy, to interpersonal and project management skills, we were impressed every step of the way.” —Business consultant
“What a story you wrote. Your dedication to journalism and especially our story is a tremendous gift.” —Magazine article subject
East Carolina University
Concentration in Professional and Technical Writing
Centre College of Kentucky
Old Dominion University
NC State University
Review the pdf version, available at: PKFontana Writer-Editor